La Grande Maison restaurant is located Au Cap, at the Takamaka rum distillery on the East Coast road, 10 minutes after the airport heading south.
• Everything we do at La Grande Maison restaurant - using subtle textures and flavours, sourcing the freshest products - has the same goal: to enhance and elevate local ingredients. Seychelles is a constant source of creativity from which we draw.
• We combine this creative energy with our own fine dining cooking techniques and a sense of Creole inspiration.
• Relax and discover a new approach of the Creole taste in the fantastic atmosphere of this Creole Gran Kaz.
A traditional-style Creole 'Gran Kaz' whose history dates back to 1792, La Grande Maison Restaurant is the brainchild of Christelle Verheyden, Chef and owner of the restaurant.
Along with her all-Seychellois team, she continues to create and astound with her delectable dishes, inspired by local ingredients and Creole flavours.
• Once home to the Jorre de St. Jorre family, La Grande Maison is set in beautiful grounds with a rich history of coconut plantations, among other subsistence crop and farm animals.
• Evidence of settlement is still around today, with the ruins of outbuildings, a copra mill and water basin, providing a glimpse of island life back in the day.
• Reputed as one of the best fine-dining restaurants in the country, La Grande Maison is definitely not to be missed, especially for the discerning food lover.
• Our menu is reviewed and refreshed on a regular basis, ensuring that you have an unforgettable culinary experience every time!
• We cater for various occasions; from intimate couple dinners to large groups and private functions. Being a food designer, Christelle is also able to tailor-make a menu to meet your requirements. All you need is a palate for divine flavours!
Pay us a visit.. allow us to heighten your culinary experience!