Start packing your bags for some great activities to keep you busy while vacationing in the Seychelles Islands, specifically Praslin.
In this post I will be splitting up itineraries between three different holiday lengths on Praslin to keep you thoroughly busy.
4 days long
If you find yourself on Praslin for only a couple of days, then you needn’t worry; I’ve got your schedule covered.
- Beaches: The first and most important beach Praslin has to offer is the beautiful Anse Lazio. This beach is considered one of the top ten most picturesque beaches in the world and it does not disappoint. Be sure to pop over and snap a couple of pictures of the crystal blue waters to show the family back home what they are missing out on!
- Snorkeling and Diving: Jump in the ocean and check out the beautiful sea life the Praslin calls its own. Become one with the friendly fish and spend the day cooling off and splashing around. There is a main diving facility on Praslin that can be found here.
- Vallee De Mai: This Nature Reserve is the Pride of Praslin and it is not hard to see why. The Vallee De Mai is home to the endemic Coco de Mer and is protected from harm by the reserve. Tourists are always welcome here to learn more about our various flora and if you’re lucky you may even be able to taste some delicious coconut meat! A tour guide is highly recommended for those who wish to get more interesting information about the are. Find a tour guide here.
1 week vacation
Lengthen your vacation and your leisure time with the following fun activities
- Boat Charters: When it comes to boat charters, Praslin is not lacking. Choose from a wide array of boat charters to whisk you away to different smaller islands for a day in the sun, sea and even barbecues.
- Island Hopping: Hop on over to different islands close by to Praslin and soak up some interesting information and history they have to offer. You can even feed giant tortoises that are probably older than you!
- Water Activities: Clear kayaks are now being introduced to the second largest island in the Seychelles archipelago. With these nifty canoes you can look down into the water without diving in. Be sure to bring some snacks with you in case you bump into any hungry fish!
- Bars/Restaurants: Find an array of bars and restaurants on Praslin to help you unwind from a busy, fun filled day. Taste local and international cuisine and delicious drinks while listening to live music in various locations.
- Black Pearl Farm: This farm is known for the beautiful Black Pearls which can be found in beautiful jewelry. Check out the way the pearls are created, collected and used here and even pop into the store in front to grab some souvenirs.
2 weeks stay
The longer the stay, the longer you have to accomplish more things
- Fishing: Flex those muscles with the help of fishing for big game. A fun activity in Seychelles is definitely fishing and it is an amazing experience when you are able to catch some various species that you may even be able to eat.
- Boat Charters: A fun past time would be to lounge about on a nice boat all day. You can get that done and more with all the boat charters Praslin has to offer. On certain boats you can fish for your own food to barbecue on another island where you can also feed giant tortoises. Snorkeling is also a featured option with charters and you can find yourself feeding the hungry fish that come up to say hello.
- Helicopter Rides: Book yourself a fun and fantastic helicopter ride where you can find yourself flying high above the islands. Feel like a bird and capture the beauty of Seychelles from above.
- Island Hopping: This activity is a fan favorite; why stick to one island when you can visit multiple? Each island has its own interesting history and facts that make it unique. Enjoy a sun filled day on one or more!
- Beaches: Spread yourself out on various beautiful beaches on Praslin. Find secluded quiet areas and even some big touristy ones to tan it up on.
- Local Food: Find local cuisine at various restaurants and feel just like a local when tasting spicy or unique dishes.