Get your planners ready for some great activities to keep you busy while vacationing in the Seychelles Islands, specifically Mahé.
In this post I will be splitting up itineraries between three different holiday lengths on Mahé as well as appealing to people of all tastes.
4 Days long
If you’ll be spending a short time in Mahé then don’t stress; you can do just enough to get a Creole experience.
- Beaches: The beaches of Mahé are a must see and should always be a focal point of a visit here. Depending on the time of year, you can enjoy a variety of beaches that range from small, quiet coves, to large, touristy areas. Check out our tips for safe swimming here.
- Market: Another place to visit is the local market; here you can delve deep into some Seychellois culture by watching the locals interact over fresh produce and get some spices and souvenirs to bring back home. Check out the location here.
- Bazar Labrin: Depending on the days that you are here, you can visit the Bazar Labrin that is every Wednesday evening along the Beau Vallon Beach promenade. Here you can find local handicrafts and food to keep you busy and intrigued. It would be wise to stay late to watch the Moutya show that surrounds the Bonfire for an extra cultural experience.
1 week vacation
For a seven day trip to the Mahé, your week can be spent lounging in the sun or going on adventurous escapades.
- Nature Trails: On Mahé, there is a variety of nature trails for tourists and locals alike and every single hike can vary between easy and strenuous. It is very important to pay attention to your surroundings and always have the essentials for outdoor activities.
- Water Sports: Some other things to do on Mahé can be water sports or boat excursions, where you can enjoy the clear blue oceans in a multitude of ways.
- Art and History: The art studios, museums and monuments would also appreciate a visit from those who want to learn more about Seychellois culture through history and art. These various places can show true hidden beauty and depths.
- Island Hopping: By finding a boat excursion or boat tour company, you can find yourself visiting several small islands in one or two days. Hop on over to these quaint outer islands for a tasty barbecue and interesting history lessons.
2 weeks stay
The longer you stay, the more time you have to enjoy yourself. For the fourteen day trip you can visit a variety of things and maybe even be around for some local events.
- Beaches and Water Sports: The beach is always open and more than often, you can find water sport activities to entertain you. Such as jet skiing, parasailing, windsurfing and banana boating to name a few.
- Another Island: Something that is always recommended is visiting Praslin and La Digue which you can do by taking the usual ferry or by organizing a boat charter activity through hotels or locals.
- Diving and Snorkeling: Diving and snorkeling is also heavily recommended for a whole day activity and can be achieved through diving companies or glass bottom boats.
- Events: Events that may take place on Mahé could be local concerts or mini culture festivals that are held in various areas around the island. You can also find live music playing at select restaurants and hotels in the evenings.
- Tours: If you want to traipse around the island but are afraid to get lost, then find yourself a tour guide and head on out. Depending on the guide you can end up in different nooks and crannies of Mahé. You can find out little facts and small business that help Seychelles flourish.
- Fishing: If big game is what you are looking for, then fishing is your must do activity. With various fishing agencies you can be taken anywhere in Seychelles to find as much fish as you can under the guidance of your boat guides. You may also be able to eat your catch of the day depending on your charter.
- Spa Day: Relax your weary head with a pampered day at any spa. You can find full body massages, facials and mud baths at various locations. Check out our full list here.